Long Haul 1983
It’s 1983, and the world feels hollowed out.
LONG HAUL 1983 tells the story of a dangerous journey through an empty world.
You play a long-haul truck driver trying to make their way home. Every day, you’ll hit the road, navigating treacherous highways, fleeing from menacing threats, and dealing with the psychological impacts of isolation.
And at the end of each day, you’ll find a payphone, make a call, and leave a message for the most important person in your life.
They never pick up. You never stop calling.
Using a deck of cards, a few dice, and a microphone, players will create an original narrative of resilience in the face of world-shifting catastrophe.
LONG HAUL 1983 IS...
- A solo game, so you can play it by yourself, at your own pace
- A roleplaying game, so you'll create, develop, and embody a character as you play
- A storytelling game, so your choices will be driven by creativity, not strategy
- A journaling game, so you'll end the game with a unique record of your experience to revisit and share
THE GAME FEATURES...
- A unique single-player experience using evocative storytelling setups, embedded safety features, and branching endings
- An original dice system that highlights peril and precarity
- A 26-song soundtrack, including over 2.5 hours of the era's experimental ambient music, plus soul, jazz, pop, and punk tracks connected to specific in-game events
- A gameplay and performance structure perfectly suited for actual play podcasts and streams